Sam Collett schrieb:
> On 28/02/07, agent2026 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Well for one, it's 17k packed standalone whereas my heavily modified Thickbox
>> is just 6k packed.  Small file size was one of the top reasons Cody made
>> Thickbox in the first place, and it's definately a very important factor for
>> me.
>>
>> Adam
>
> It is only in alpha stage at the moment, so perhaps it may shrink in
> size by beta or final release.

Sam, that's right. I'll try hard to get the file size smaller again.
I'll have to trade off readability for that though, currently variable
names and so on are very explicit.

> The file size has probably increased because it has been made more
> flexible as a plugin (I would call ThickBox a pseudo-plugin as you
> couldn't do $("a.foo").thickbox()).

Yes, there are a few additions and improvements that caused the file
size to increase, for example the form to Thickbox functionality, I18n,
setting default values and some other things. I also thought about
making all other types than Image optional modules. That would mean
extra files on the one hand, but that would also mean an Interface to
easily extend thickbox with your own builder functions.

This modularity was mentioned on this list once. The basis for this is
already there and I think it is doable. So if you want it your way, just
plugin your own builder function and Skin and you're done... What do you
think of that?

One thing is sure: I'll not be able to implement all the different
requirements here, and so why not allowing extendibility made easy (I
like making things as easy to use as possible).

> The original Thickbox, while good, was not very flexible - the page
> had to modified to get it to work (via querystring to add with and
> height etc, which I think was invalid as well), elements added after
> the page was load required extra work (e.g. $(a.thickbox).unbind();
> TB_init()), not smooth when you scrolled (would be better if scrolling
> was disabled instead), CSS issues etc.

Yes, I think, the URLs you had to use were malformed. I wanted that to
be fixed in ayn case.

-- Klaus