On 28/02/07, Alexandre Plennevaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> as for feature, proportional dimensions is a must IMO. There is no
> >> sense fixing width and height of thickbox in today's multitude of screen
> sizes...
>
> >What exactly do you mean by that. Currently if an image is too large for
> the viewport it gets resized. Is it that? I took that >from the current
> Thickbox without any changes.
>

> I mean with TB, you specify its width and height by giving pixel values
> (width=600&height=400 for example).
> This is wrong: if the users has a 20000 pixel wide monitor (or a very small
> screen), TB  should use whatever screen assets the user has. That is why
> width=90% is better.

Perhaps there should be min-width/height (and max while you are at it)
if you are going to use percentages. Also how would you indicate it
(perhaps width=90&height=90&unit=percent)? Is it to be % of screen or
window (I assume window)?

I can't imagine someone having a monitor that big. If they did, they
probably would not have the browser maximised (as most sites would
look bad at very high resolution). Those with small screens probably
have a portable device, which thickbox won't work in anyway.