I agree, but what bothers me about the loading more is that the entire
Thickbox (other than the overlay) disappears while this is happening.  It
would be less disturbing if the 'ui' stayed - the border, margin/background,
links/txt, etc. - and just the image changed.

I like your idea for the loader too.  IE7 can handle transparent PNGs,
though I haven't tested how well.  Maybe IE6 gets a loadbar instead?

Adam