I'm having a hard time getting functions to happen in
the order I want them to. Specifically, I need the
html of a div to be rewritten BEFORE it slides back
down. I'm seeing the html change while the div is
sliding up, which isn't what I'm looking for. Is there
any way to force functions to finish before moving on?
Synchronous-style...

-a div on the page is assigned to divTarget, and I'm
positive it's finding the correct one)

-stuff holds the results of an ajax query: some basic
HTML.

$(divTarget).slideUp("slow");
$(divTarget).children("div.middle").html(stuff);
$(divTarget).slideDown("slow");

*note: I know I could chain these, but am trying to
get it to work first before fiddling with that ;)

thanks,
-kim