.hasClass() would just use .is() (or jQuery.filter) internally. Right
now we're quickly gaining filesize without even adding new features
(only dealing with bug fixes). For now, .is() will have to suit.

Another option would be to add an entry for .hasClass() in the
documentation, but in its details, point the user towards .is()
instead.

--John