Ext 1.0 Alpha 2 is already running on jQuery:
http://www.yui-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3084

We're working to make some improvements to jQuery to better handle the
demanding animations that Ext requires. But yeah, you can begin using
it now! We were waiting for Jack to make an official announcement, but
it doesn't seem to have come out yet - so we may just announce this
officially, anyway.

--John