Jörn,

>amircx schrieb:
>> umm... there is no other tag for replacement? im using it for somthing
>> <em>*</em>
>>
>Good point, thanks. I guess I have to find a combination of elements
>that is easy to style, does not interfere with Google Toolbar and makes
>some semantic sense. That can hardly be achieved without a certain loss
>of flexibility, but it should be a good thing to set certain standards
>as long as they work well.

No matter what tag you pick, some buddy will not like it. :) I'd suggest
using a default (i.e. <em />, <div />, etc) but allow that to be
overridden--that the user can change it.

Between the element and it's unique error class, you should be able to style
it anyway you want w/out causing issues with other like elements on the
page.

-Dan