@Sam Collett: No, $("#myjeditable").unbind("click") doesn't work, but thanks
for the idea.

@Mark: Probably you are right, but I don't like messing with other's code,
plus that would only slow me down and I promissed to have this project ready
for this week (although it's just a pet project).

Update: I've found that, when you apply $().editable on an object, it gets a
new property-function called editable (that points at reset() in the plugin,
but that doesn't matter now). I've tried removing this attribute like
this $(myEditable).editable
= null, and although I don't get any error, it doesn't work either and the
property stays just there (silently laughing at me). Any ideas how to remove
this property? I don't see what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Abel.

On 3/29/07, Sam Collett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 28/03/07, Abel Tamayo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using jEditable for a webpage, but I would like to make it so that,
once
> you've edited the text, the behaviour is removed and you can edit it no
> longer. Does anyone know how to do that?
>
> Thanks.

You could try $("#myjeditable").unbind("click")

Although perhaps it would be better if the plugin could do that (I
don't know if there are any memory leaks that may be caused by doing
it this way).