Hi Paula,

Thanks for your encouragement. We're still figuring out the details here so it
would be great to get advice on how the Spanish and Korean teams have gone
about it. Is it worth starting a dedicated group for translators to discuss
specific issues for localisation?

We've discussed a bit with how the Spanish team works already here:
https://carpentries.topicbox.com/groups/discuss/Tdb042c4bc0ecf365-M6f6de2436e9299cc51118134/carpentry-lessons-material-in-multiple-spoken-languages

Hi Peter,

Thanks for pointing that out, it is a fork from the Spanish version so there
are still some issues to sort out there. I've re-opened Issues on the Japanese
GitHub repo. I had some trouble getting the demo to work with Jekyll etc with
the raw (unedited) po files for the other lessons. This will be addressed when
we start on the other lessons (at the moment, I've only tinkered with Git).

For consistency with Spanish, we are switching to "Ja" for Japanese (rather
than "Jp" for Japan). Sorry, I posted all of the raw files so that others could
see how I generated the demo.

Thanks,

Tom K