Hi All,

We recently opened a request for comment (RFC) around changing the instructor
discussion element of the checkout process for new instructors (see the GitHub
issue here for a record of the conversation:
https://github.com/carpentries/instructor-development/issues/71
<https://github.com/carpentries/instructor-development/issues/71>). Thanks to
everyone who provided input on this.
The Instructor Development Committee and Instructor Training Team need time to
discuss all this and re-envision the goals and requirements for the checkout
process for instructor training, but we realize there are several instructor
training events taking place through the end of the year. Therefore, we will
make the following adjustments:

Anyone wishing to complete their Carpentries instructor training checkout
through to December 31, 2018 will complete the current requirements for
instructor discussion sessions.
Anyone wishing to complete their Carpentries instructor training checkout
beginning January 1, 2019 will do so with the revised requirements. I.e. anyone
who is yet to complete their checkout when 2019 begins will then be required to
fulfil whatever new requirements  are decided on.
We (the Instructor Training Team, Instructor Development Committee, and
Community Engagement Lead) will be re-envisioning these requirements over the
next two months. The new requirements will be similar in time commitment to the
current discussion session requirement.

Thanks,

Toby
(on behalf of the Instructor Development Committee)