Hi all,

I have a couple of servers that need to be brought somewhat up
to date.  One is currently running SOlaris 10 11/06 and the other
is running Solaris 11 (build 130 of Nevada).  I have a strong
preference for staying with an OpenSolaris descendent (I don't
have the $$$ for an Oracle support contract), so judging by the
research I have done I'm looking for a distro bassed on Illumos.
The question is, which one?!

ZFS support is mandatory (including the ability to boot from a
mirrored pool), as are DTrace and Zones.  I only need server
stuff, so I'm not worried about desktop-friendly distros; looking
at the distro comparison table on illumos.org, it would seem
that OpenIndiana is my best option, but I am open to suggestions!

Oh, I will also probably want to build my own software packages
(e.g., Sendmail, Bind, etc.) on these machines too.

TIA for any tips and advice!

Cheers,

--
Rich Teer, Publisher