On 17 August 2016 at 21:56, Apostolos Syropoulos via illumos-discuss
<discuss@lists.illumos.org> wrote:
> My problem as an end user is that I have
> several machines that need KMS to
> operate. If you can provide this ability
> today, then ban everyone from any list.
> We are a very small community and we
> cannot afford to lose anyone or anything...

I agree that KMS would be great to have in the platform, but bluntly:
it's not worth the anguish that Martin causes when he threatens and
harrasses community members.

When I reached out to Martin to attempt to negotiate more civil
behaviour on the mailing list, he responded by explicitly threatening
to try to have me fired from my place of employment.  I've heard from
others that he has been threatening violent acts.  Nobody should have
to put up with that, and we're certainly not going to enable abusive
behaviour like that in this community.

To tolerate this kind of behaviour would be to lose _more_ people in
the long run.  This is absolutely not an ideal situation, and I don't
think anybody is taking this lightly -- but I would always pick a
civil environment, where people aren't attacked, over any potential
technological advance.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow