On 29/08/2016 12:19, Joerg Schilling wrote:
I would be interested to understand why people these days still use tcsh. Could
you explain?

Mostly because the whole "infrastructure" (complete-definitions,
aliases, etc.) for users is there and proven, and users are adapted
to its behaviour for more than a decade now. And the history
and completion options and the behaviours of these are slightly
different between different shells, and from our view, tcsh does
it "more natural" than other shells.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php