Thanks for this recap, Janna! I knew I was going to regret not being
able to be there.

Your summary inspired a blog post:
<http://xianlandia.com/te-amo/2007/10/16/do_pattern_libraries_really_work.html>

In it I note your appeal:

> I would love to hear about the successes and challenges Yahoo has
> faced with their non-public facing library. Sounds like a great conference
> topic to me!

By saying that I have proposed to discuss this very topic (and
related) matters at a number of upcoming conferences, so I hope to be
able to share what we've learned (both good and bad) in the near
future.

We've also been thinking about hosting a "Pattern Summit" here at
Yahoo! probably sometime next summer, to invite interested parties to
our campus where we can discuss what we've learned, share insights
from the YPL and YUI library, and run some workshops for pattern
authors.

     x^'~

--
Christian Crumlish  http://xianlandia.com