Lisa are you suggesting that any sort of richness makes an interface
severly flawed? I mean you can't do anything rich w/o it. Even a
simple rollover requires some sort of javascript.

As to an comparison of the 2 interfaces. I found lost on Seeqpod.
There was too much going on and very little support for what to do.
Too much reliance on iconography without any text support for those
icons is probabbly my biggest complaint.

Further, in comparing it to Songza I think there is just simply too
much going on with Seeqpod and most of it is unnecessary. I think the
discovery/auto-browse functionality is a complete waste of time as
they know NOTHING about me and don't claim that they will ever know
enough about me to make that intelligent enough to help me the way
for example last.fm does.

But even the "options" features is a bit hard to use and having a
sign-in feels off in comparison.

I agree that the flash the way it is used doesn't seem to offer
anything. They could have done a lot more with it.

I don't think "innaccessibility" is an issue with these sites.
Especially Songza which is meant as a study in Interaction Design.

-- dave