I think dabs.com takes faceted navigation to the extreme
http://tinyurl.com/qpvw6*
*Their "refine your selection" box takes up the entire screen.
That said, I've seen first hand how it proves very popular with sysadmins,
allowing them to quickly eliminate irrelevant choices.
*
*A common trend is to select a price bucket, however I've rarely seen these
used (in either user testing or analytics work). Maybe it's just the areas
I've worked in, but people rarely seem to think "I want to spend at least
$1000", and in most cases the top end is slightly flexible (i.e. "My limit
is $1500, but if there is a excellent model for $1550 I'll check it out")

--
Des

*
*