On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Nam Loc wrote:

> So I have recommended that the User is only exposed to one of the 2
> types of Paper Prototypes developed. However there has been some
> disagreement with this suggestion as some of my colleagues think
> that there are no problems at all with testing both types of Paper
> Prototypes in the same session. Needless to say, we are having
> trouble reaching a decision.

The biggest concern I'd have with this is the participants having
difficulty making the leap between the two different types of
prototypes in the same session. This could end up showing "usability
issues" that aren't really issues, but rather can be contributed to
the participant having difficulty making that leap.

If anything, you're better off starting with the wireframes first,
then moving to the visually designed screens—move forward, not back.
This could help eliminate some of that bias. That and a really good
moderator :).

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]