Pedro,

although I'm happy to see some action and some liveness coming from
Lisbon, I honestly believe that you're taking the wrong approach
here...

Reading you stating that APPU works in a closed way just doesn't
make sense and it's actually not true at all, especially   if one
considers that APPU it's according to the portuguese law, a civil
association and open to anyone who wants to join in as member as
stated on it's website.

It's also very sad to read here by your own letters that it survives
at the expense of a very close circuit, which has not only being
growing, but it has only grown by the efforts of its members to
actually promote the subject of user interaction and usability in
national and international terms.

I personally think you're being most unfair here...

Second, it's a fact that Bruno isn't currently working in Portugal,
which put him more or less on/off phisically, the truth is that he has
been always virtually present in Portugal even when is not here in
person.

But APPU isn't Bruno alone so you can always address any of the
other public members of the association. I'm certain that as a
member of association you've certainly received several emails and
invitations to all the APPU promoted actions.

Being one of the founding members, I'm really sad to see that
instead of joining forces with APPU you've decided to measure forces
and directly attack the work of others, that like yourself are only
claiming more work/awareness and action around interaction design in
Lisbon/Portugal.

I do sincerely hope that you might come to your senses and realize
that the best way is definitely by joining forces and not the other
way around... at least I'm a strong believer that together we can
make a difference and not the other way around.

Feel free to drop me a line and we'll meet to talk.

http://gamma.ixda.org/discuss?post=23374