http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=218 has a step-by-step
disassembly of the XO laptop, analyzing it from a mechanical design
point of view.  This is only tangentially related to the issues raised
in earlier discussion about defects in the usability of the OS/UI, but
I think it's relevant to consider in terms of the holistic user
experience of the product.  To wit, the best UI design in the world
won't matter if the hardware breaks down in a few weeks.  It appears
that OLPC have done a good job of addressing common problems such as
dust, serviceability, etc.

(Caveat: I'm no hardware designer.  I've never stripped down a laptop
to components before.)

--Alan

P.S. I still intend to write up my personal experiences as the parent
of an XO user.  I'm beginning to see some of the issues that others
have reported.  My boy still hasn't had a chance to interact with a
community of XO users and I'm hoping to include some of that in the
report.