Hi Helen,

Most corporate Web 2.0 / Enterprise 2.0 projects suffer in fact from a
lack of design expertise, usability consideration and a generally
technology-centric approach emerging from the classic role of
organisational IT. But there are a few cases now available where
projects realised and addressed that problem, using external expertise,
style guides and portal framework approaches.

A few links for you :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_2.0
http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/a_web_2_0_tour_
http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/the-challenge-of
http://intranetmaturity.com/
http://www.prescientdigital.com/articles/enterprise-2-0-vs-intranet-2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/business/peopleready/innovation/insight/infoworkplace.mspx
(plug) http://www.guenther.cx/index.php/a.Interactive+Identity

I think most of them can serve you as "Portal" for further interesting
topics on that subject. Try also looking for some IT related subjects
like SOA, Portals, NetWeaver / SharePoint / WebSphere etc., there is a
lot of hidden insight regarding usability and design issues because they
do not always use "IxD language". Mashups for example are often called
composite applications in that environment, meaning nearly the same
thing.

With best regards
Milan
--