Has it already been mentioned in this thread - but my gut tells me that a
big reason crappy interfaces sell is that the person buying is not the
person using. I won't name names - but a huge complaint about many ERP
systems is that the CIO/CFO is sold the goods - and she never ever uses it -
so the ERP companies don't have to invest time designing elegant interfaces.

An economic theory perspective would be information cost is too high
(purchasers simply don't know a better interface is out there.) - or that
the opportunity cost of finding/trying all alternatives is too high.

On Jan 22, 2008 4:53 PM, Susie Robson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bruno wrote: Thanks for the article, Susie. Very insightful. Amazing
> that it was written almost 11 years ago. I love Jared's work and the way
> he
> always seems to think so clearly and ahead of time.
>
> I completely agree. And I'm very surprised that I still remember that
> article after all these years. But, it was because we felt the same pain
> back then, too.
>
> Susie Robson

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"
will evans
user experience architect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]