Here's my 2-cents:

Fact of the matter is, crappy UI's DO NOT SELL.  If you don't give
the user/client a choice, they won't know any better and just take
it as it is.  Down the line, they'll be figuring ways to reduce
overhead not knowing that a crappy UI may increase productivity time,
thus overhead.

I bet if you start selling the better UI and its benefits, the
users/clients will buy it.  This can't happen without a top-notch
sales team.

Bruno said:
"They told me that they loved my work but they have been showing the
product with the old interface to clients and they already have a
couple of orders for it so they're scrapping the review work for
now."

Sounds like the sales team needs to be fired as they're currently
doing a disservice to their clients.