> This is cool. The only downside is that users often use the scroll bar as
> an indicator of the longth of the page. This pretty much skews what is an
> important  bit of feedback to the user.

My own observations (of dozens of people using "infinite scrolling" on
various sites) are that not only is this true, but that users will often
relentlessly try to "reach the end" of the page. They don't realize that the
page is loading new results on purpose—they think that the results simply
have not finished loading. As such, they think the page is poorly
constructed (slow) and the design pattern is often seen as annoying.

I have video of people pounding on their mouse buttons in an attempt to get
to the end of a page that will simply never end.

I'm all for innovation, but pagination is such a standard thing that it will
take a lot of undo-ing to convince people that infinite scrolling is better,
especially considering the technical repercussions (such as Find
functionality).

-r-