Does anyone have any research and/or rules-of-thumb about the
usefulness of putting "home" in the permanent navigation? I tend to
want to leave it off because A) on most sites, I feel like once the
user is in the site, there's not really much of a reason for them to
go home, and B) The "click on the logo to go home" pattern seems
universal enough that everyone *should* know about it. OTOH, I can
easily imagine "Aunt Tilly" looking for the home link and getting
confused if it's not there. Are there times when it should be used?
Times when it shouldn't? Times when it's optional?

-Micah