Hi Adrian,

<snip>

> The Society for Technical Communication has a UX SIG, plus a mailing
> list that's open to all (bias warning - I'm a moderator :-) The OP
> might want to take a look - you'll find a bunch of folk who have made
> similar transitions there.
>
>        http://www.stcsig.org/usability/
>
> </snip>

What an excellent resource. (And one that I was not aware of. Probably
because I'm not an STC member -- my employer does not see the business
value...)

And the first article to catch my eye in the latest newsletter is called
"Using Technical Communication Skills in User Experience" by Teresa Putkey.
It describes, among other things, how to make the move from tech writer to
UX professional. Talk about perfect timing!

Thanks a lot,

--
Martin Polley
Technical Communicator