Hi Robert (Bob?),

IMHO the best way to make this transition is to join an organization where
> you can support the design process directly -- in fact, participate in it --
> by filling a role such as "design communicator" as coined by Cooper, I
> believe. This would allow you to essentially apprentice with experienced
> designers.

Interesting. This is not an approach I had considered. I will
*definitely *investigate
it further.

It's a logical transition: at some point, you're bound to get sick of
> describing how to work around poorly designed products and simply FIX them
> instead!

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head.

Thanks very much,
--