Hi,

I am working on the global navigation design for web applications for IT users.
The current behavior of navigation structure is like Classic Yahoo Mail in
which navigation, tools, buttons are scrolled with the content as the users
scroll the browser's scrolling bar. I consider the design pattern like the New
Mail Yahoo where users only scroll the content or workspace. Navigation,
buttons and tools are in fix location. So it works more like desktop
application.

Do you know books, research or any other resource that I can look into about
this topic, pros and cons?

Thanks!
Quyen