Hi

User stories are one of the most common Agile methods for this.

If you type user stories into google you will find lots of information, but
it generally involves sitting down with the users to gather stories which
will form the basis of the product backlog.

During sprint 0 the user stories are usually quite high level and can be
broken down to the required level of detail during the development sprints.
A story will take the form of - As a <user type> I want <some feature> So
that <reason for the feature>. Index cards can be used and the user (or user
advocate / proxy user) is usually encouraged to write the stories themselves
under facilitation.

I have used them myself and I really like the approach for scoping out the
size of a piece of a work. However as a word of warning I probably wouldn't
use them if I did not have access to users and proxy users in later sprints
as they do require to be fleshed out in more detail during the development
sprints.

Hi All,

We are in the discovery phase of the project, where we have absolutely no
idea what the user needs are. There is limited time and resources this we
cant conduct ethnographic studies. What would be the best set of "agile"
methodologies that can be used to start the process?

Thanks,
Oliver