Hey Luis,

You busted me! Apologies for my sarcastic comment. It wasn't directed
at you, but the notion of ACD, which is a frustrating one for me. I'll
spare the details so as not to risk starting a "what is ____"
conversation.

What I would do is have the agile team work on low ui cost system
features (the 'scaffolding' as we call in in my organization - DB
schemas, a stab at system architecture, etc) during the first sprint.
During this time, I would be out interviewing the targeted customers
for the product. By the time the second sprint starts, I would aim to
have research results ready to go for the team, and get going on more
tangible interface work. I would also be advocating for the practice
of a sprint zero for any new project, and trying to figure out why the
project was allowed to start w/o an understanding of the people who
will be using the darn thing. To me, it sounds like some evangelism
for user-centered design is in order.

Even if there are no server logs, customer service support logs, etc -
there should be an idea of what the product is going to be, what goals
exist, and a rough idea of who the audience will be. If that doesn't
exist, I'm afraid the project is in trouble before it begins. User
research can and should take place even if the product is novel, brand
new, etc.

It's difficult really to comment on this one as many details aren't
clear. My assumption, which could be completely wrong, was that it was
one of those "you just start coding, I'll go figure out what the users
want" type of scenario. Which sounds all kinds of alarms and puts me
right into the "institutionalization of usability" mindset.

Jeff