I like the 'Flexstore' which comes as example of Flex application.
{link}:
http://flexapps.macromedia.com/flex15/flexstore/flexstore.mxml?versionChecked=true

Especially the two handles on the prize range selection and the
instant feedback the user gets by disabling the products that fall
outside the range the user selected.

For me, its a very good example of visually using the filter.

-sajid