Get Parallels or VMWare Fusion so you can run Windows apps w/o having to
reboot.

I also recommend Yojimbo for organizing your data - there are similar progs
for OS X but they all keep their files separately where Yojimbo uses a
single sqlite db for easy backup.

Chronosync is also useful for making frequent backups of critical files on
schedule.

And, a good text editor - smultron is free and will do the trick.