This is a great thread - I just changed to a MBP a couple of weeks ago after
many, many years on Windows.
I'm really pleased and amazed at how much software is built into the
machine, and for the 3rd party apps you do get, how inexpensive they
generally are.  I too have gone the iWork08 route as I just couldn't bear to
load MS Office on my shiny new laptop. And with the Adobe crossgrade program
I'm pretty well set for getting back to my usual tools. (How long does it
take them to ship those disks?)

I kept my old PC to fall back on if I can't open a file or save something in
the right format. I use the Remote Desktop Connection to get back to it from
the Mac.

Michael Moore