Maybe it is just that titles aren't saying it and it is in the
coursework, but I haven't seen any studio classes.

My two were Drawing/Sketching for Product Design Studio & Product
Design Studio.

Studio courses in general to me are key to ANY design education just
not IxD. They are the cornerstone that all theory and practice should
be built on top of.

BTW, the figure drawing class Uday recommended was a recommendation
made to me as well, as I still struggle with sketching and drawing as
a form of communication. Having this skill to me is something I really
notice I miss a lot in my day-to-day practice.

To that point, one technical class on a prototyping format in 2D
software programming. (I recommend Flash or a high level XHTML,
JavaScript, CSS course.) If you can't prototype your work at the
right level of fidelity (which is sometimes hi-fidelity) you are at a
disadvantage.

-- dave