Jeff: right. Thanks for pointing this out. I agree. They probably do a good
job blocking spam behind the doors... Your question still remains, though
(how to convince skeptics), and I can't think of a better solution than some
sort of disclaimer or something.

Michael: so very interesting. People should definitely check this signup
form: http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do
Because you are doing it so much injustice!
First of all, it is huge and unnerving. And it gives you a hint about this
only being step 1. There is no "of 6", as you said, so I have no idea that I
will need to go through 5 more steps. (They were smart here, if they had
indeed written step 1 of 6, I would've given up right from the start)
Right. Step 2 of 6. Now they tell me. I quit, sorry. No, I'll push through.
I skip #3. Good. Step 6 is the email activation. It starts blatantly with
CLICK HERE.
Good, I'm logged in.

Michael, you've been one step away from Cisco heaven. Which is one humongous
profile manager (doh!) Sorry, you lost the best part :)
On a more serious tone, this is not so "secure" as it is irritating. The
only secure thing is the old-style email activation. Now I'm more convinced
that Jeff is right.

P.S.: Yes, you do have to choose language twice. On the first page. Amongst
the first 5 form fields. Can't miss it. Can't skip it, either.