In case that you don't know it yet, you absolutely have to review
Humanized's Enso Launcher (www.*humanized*.com). It provides an interface
similar to Quicksilver but based on principles developed by Jef Raskin (one
of the original Mac designers) which are briefly explained in the Archy
wikipedia page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archy ).

Enso is an alternate approach to the same problem, allowing the flexibility
and consistency of a CLI but with better learnability, feedback and GUI
integration.

The main benefit of the Unix CLI were that it allows for easy integration of
small compontents, each one tailored to make well a single task. But GUIs,
being compartmented in separate applications, often reinvent the wheel (i.e.
how many different spell checkers do you have between your desktop, web apps
& office suite? With a CLI you could have just one, and use it at every
place where it is needed). People at Humanized write several blogs with many
insights into these subjects.