Will Evans asked:
> Has anyone else read this month's ID magazine article on Design
> Thinking?
> Peter M @ Adaptive is quoted...

I read it and wholly agree with Rick Poyner's  sentiments -- that
"design thinking" is being used (a) to permit designers to willingly
degrade and devalue themselves, their skills, and their processes and
(b) to permit "business people" to re-assert their traditional
authority over emerging design-driven businesses by coating their
rhetoric with the language and ideas of design.

It also seems, however, that Poyner is unfairly using both Adam
Greenfield and Peter Merholz as punching bags to prove his point.
While both of them advocate more conscientious design less beholden,
or at least not exclusively beholden, to stylization, and both of them
differ significantly on many other design issues, neither of them
would (I think) want to be thrown into the cynical and ironically
designer-hostile Nussbaum/d.School camp in which "design is too
important to be left to designers".

-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior