I have 4 x 24" monitors (~4x4' of monitors), when an application is
spanned across multiple....putting things at the borders makes for
tons of unecessary mouse movement. So I've really come to like
contextual hovers or right clicks.

http://intrio.com/blog/2008/01/21/a-great-deal-1920x1600-24-monitor-for-370by-westinghouse/
 (not the best pic, as th setup is still in progress)