Let me rephrase: "People are born to work. Once they discover this
inevitable truth, they will abandon social websites" ...and return to their
cubicles.

I think, this is absurd, even if I remove the cubicles part. Social networks
do not end at work and do not have to be profitable. Most of my friends on
Facebook are older than thirty (they range from 19 to 55 years old). None
of them (including my daughter) sells me anything (in the merchant sense).

--
Oleh Kovalchuke
Interaction Design is design of time