Fred, I'm in almost the exact same situation, I've got 7 years of
experience under my belt, and the thought of uprooting my family and
leaving my job, just doesn't seem practical.

Combine that though with the fact that my Bachelors is actually in
CompSci and not design and you'll start to see why I started the
thread. I'm worried that without something in my educational
background to point to, I may actually end up stuck working for the
same company (not a design company, I'm an in house resource) until
god-knows-when...