Hi -

I am currently working on a website for a client in the
'spiritual/healing/meditation" space and she has a playful, whimsical
yet vibrant, interactive website with "guided journeys" that unfold
insight to one's personal development through a game-like interface
where one choses tokens and is able to enter various rooms,
environments, etc.

The site has about 30k+ registered users, more than half of whom are
active each month, with 1/3 of them returning daily and an equal
amount spending 20+ minutes on the site with each visit.  So, plenty
of active users and deep users.  Nearly all are female and over 30
years old.

Currently, the site offers "free audio meditation" one can listen to
on the site.  The new plan (and part of my assignment as a project
manager) is to lead a remote development team in the construction of
the e-commerce store to sell the audio downloads (and eventually,
video downloads of similar content).

So far in the RFP, we have been using the term "Buy Now" as the button
to be included in the site, but the owner and I agree that such
terminology and any "big, red blinking button" would be in disharmony
with the site.

Any suggestions or experience on another term or action oriented
phrase that could be used besides "BUY NOW"?

My major concern is confusing an already accustomed audience by
introducing a new phrase that is unclear in its direction.  So, how do
we tell the user she can "buy now" without using such a commercial and
trite phrase?

A few I have considered:
"Add to Cart" - works because it is a familiar directive, but also
seems disharmonious with the site look and feel.
"Select Item" - might work, feels less purchase oriented and a bit bland...
"Own It!' - clear directive, but feels a bit too powerful for a
gentler, meditation oriented product...

I will be thinking about this fantastic and clever button all day as I
work on the basic wire-frames for the store - I would appreciate any
help and/or suggestions if you have a moment to  lend some brainwaves
to this one or if you have encountered a similar issue.

thanks to all!
AL

ps - I did search past threads and found the following -
http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php?post=19036 - and it was very
insightful as well...