Hi Joanne

Interesting point about relating to the real world however, I'd argue
that if you go shopping you normally have a basket (or trolley in the
UK, cart in the US if its a big shop) and add things to that. Its only
after you pay that you get a shopping bag.

I also find the idea of 'giving yourself a gift' a bit contrived and
slightly patronising.

Laura