As the number of gesture, movement and body-based interfaces increases, it
strikes me that there is a need for documenting and analyzing these
interactions from a body-centric perspective.

Yet, I can find very few instances where a somatic or movement analysis
and notation system such as Laban Movement Analysis is used to better
understand these interactions. Here's an introduction to Laban Movement
Analysis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laban_Movement_Analysis

Here are my two questions:

1) To what extent are you specifically studying how the body (or specific
parts of the body) move to interact with different gesture and body-based
interfaces? If you are, what frameworks are you using for this analysis?

2) To what extent are you gathering and analyzing information about the
experience of movement from the user's perspective? For example, what are
the emotional, psychological and physiological states of the user as he or
she interacts with different interfaces?

I look forward to your thoughts about this topic.

Best,
Doug Fox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://greatdance.com