On Jun 24, 2008, at 8:40 AM, Doug Fox wrote:

As the number of gesture, movement and body-based interfaces increases, it
strikes me that there is a need for documenting and analyzing these
interactions from a body-centric perspective.

I'm covering this in the Interactive Gestures book, including a bit on Labanotation, Benesh Movement Notation, and Eshkol Wachman Movement Notation. All of these systems are usually too complicated for designers to mess with overmuch, but interesting from a background perspective.

I've got a whole chapter on Documenting Gestural Interfaces.

Dan

Dan Saffer
Interactive Gestures: Designing Gestural Interfaces
O'Reilly, Fall 2008
http://www.designinggesturalinterfaces.com