@ Jeremy regarding: "How much easier is it to guess someone's hint
question than it is their password? I'm guessing it's a lot,
considering you're given a hint and the answers are usually given as
simple words, not random characters as good passwords could be. "

My apologies for not giving enough detail on the hint Q&A.  Our
proposal is to have the user create their own hint question and
answer.  The hope is that they could create something more memorable
than having to select from a list of questions.

What is to keep a user from using a "simple word" as their
password?  Even if you require digits in the password the common
response is to substitute zero for the letter "o" and 1 for the
letter "l" or "i".

Steven