For me the question is just way too open. While I agree with Will in
spirit, I can see how bringing the visual look of things that we are
used to seeing in paper into the web medium, while also taking
advantage of the interactive medium. My brand might be one where
"paper" is a differentiators, and so I would want to bring that
through to my interactive versions. Or my customers are used to and
like the paper they have and in order to transition them from one
medium to the other, the comfort of seeing something familiar could
lead to better/quicker/happier cultural change.

That being said, if you do not have these issues, than I can't see
any reason why you would want to maintain a link to the paper world.
For the vast majority of people I would imagine that paper versions
of forms are not a positive experience and thus connecting yourself
to them even implicitly feels like a bad idea.

-- dave