From: Micah Freedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IXDA list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 8:16:41 PM
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] help with categorization/client relation

Hi,

I'm working on a commercial real estate site, and I'm having a bit of
trouble coming to agreement with my client on categorization. He wants
a two-level category scheme, which is fine. The problem is, he want
some terms at both levels of the categories, thus:

Commercial
    Automotive
    Mixed
    Restaurant
    Retail
    Warehouse
Industrial
    Flex
    Manufacturing
    Warehouse
Investment
    Commercial
    Industrial
    Land
    Office
Land
    Commercial
    Development
    Industrial
    Multi Family
    Office
Office
    Corporate
    Professional
    Warehouse

Basically, the problem is with the Land and Investment super-
categories, which have the other TLC's as their sub-cats (for the most
part). My instinct is that that will be confusing. (I don't mind
having Warehouse under both Commercial and Industrial, though.)

Am I being too rigid? Can anyone point me to any research on this
question? (I would imagine that there's been tons.)

TIA