On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 4:08 PM, J. Ambrose Little <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Tom Dell'Aringa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Which is a fine overview but doesn't quite get too deep. Anyway, I'm
>> wondering what your thoughts are on the interface. Is it effective? Like
>> or
>> dislike and why?
>>

> I figured I'd chime in with a different perspective.  On a personal note, I
> LOVE the Ribbon.
>
> For yourself, you're not going to have (maybe?) the history of
> usage/proficiency that will break for some users, so the main drawback might
> be kind of a non-issue.

True, we won't have that history - it's going to be a brand new product.
That is one reason that it appealed to me. We don't have the new Office here
actually so I've never used it in that context, only as part of MindMapper.
One thing that strikes me negatively about it is the complex visual noise it
can present. I like a clean interface myself.

Our application is not going to be as complex as say a Word. I might be able
to take some inspiration from the ribbon but come up with something more
applicable to what we have.

Thanks for your input!

Tom