I agree with Scott, gaining a significant amount of marketshare will
take time - Google will not be an exception. Everybody will still
need to keep developing for IE and Firefox.

But direct application integration is really the opportunity that
Google has here, as Dave pointed out. If Google manages to do that
really, really well, then the road to gaining a significant share of
the market may become shorter than I would otherwise expect.

Oleh said:
> Except the cool kids have iPhones in 2008.
> The entire Flash navigation at that site is rendered as a tiny
uninteractive blue box on iphone.

Sorry, I'm going OT here, but the lack of Flash Lite/any kind of
Flash support is what I really haven't got about the iPhone (and the
cool kids that use it ;) - Nokia S60 phones, for example, have had
Flash Lite for years now.

Cheers,
Karri

---