Can you define the problem space a little better? What kind of search? What
kind of information seeking behavior are your users exhibiting? Known-item?
Exploratory? Re-finding? Is this a federated search requiring something like
a meta-search engine? What kind of searching is happening here?

- W
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Kinjal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All
>

> I don't think placement of action button for search form
> with 2 or more search parameters has been discussed in the group yet.
> Everyone
> in the group would have sometime worked to design search forms for
> intranets or
> websites that have 2 or more search parameters. I find a lot of research on
> registration
> forms but not on search forms. Luke has conducted great research on the
> registration
> forms and the design of the forms. A friend of mine has read the book by
> Luke
> and doesn't think that there is any thing mentioned on search form in the
> book.
> Search is totally different we can't apply results from registration form
> study blindly
> for search forms, it might be but I am curious to know if anyone researched
> on a search form (I am talking of scenario where we have only primary action
> and no secondary action) with 2 or more search parameters in basic or
> eg. to book a flight 2 or 3 search parameters are presented  or to buy a
> book there can be more than 2 parameters presented for basic search and most
> of the websites
> I found have "Search" button to the right.. Is there any study showing
> which
> placement works best for search button and why?

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill     |  gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill