Hi,

I'm currently designing a Visio flow regarding a MPKG installer for Macs, and
am wondering how I can make the experience more visually compelling and clearer
for the user.

When I look at how to install Firefox on a Mac (http://tinyurl.com/4lt6cy),
particularly the third image (http://tinyurl.com/5vp6ll), it looks really cool,
simple and straightforward: drag icon 1 onto icon 2, following the instructions
on the background graphics.

My installer works differently: you insert the disc, double-icon the disc icon
on the desktop and open a Finder window where you find an MPKG icon (see image
attached to this mail). Double-click the MPKG to start a standard Mac software
installer (http://tinyurl.com/49evgv).

My question is: can I make the Finder window containing the MPKG as compelling
as that Firefox drag-icon-onto-icon? I haven't found any technical info on this
at the Apple.com or other sites. Does anybody accustomed to designing for the
Mac have any ideas on this issue?

Cheers, thanks in advance,

Tiago Marques
London Uk